June 18, 2008

Random Musings

Walking into work this morning, I noticed more than one woman carrying multiple purses. Not small cute ones, but ginormous bags of crap. Being Wednesday, it's not like they're bringing their post-weekend stuff to work. So what gives? Upon closer inspection, these are never cheap purses. Prada, Gucci, D&G, Louis, Coach (Which, by the way, please don't buy. I mean, really, Coach? It's like Guess jeans, people. Overpriced, and such a common bag... totally plebian. And when you say, "Look at my great new Coach bag!" please, do not ask me to respond, because I'm already (yawn) bored.) I have some huge bags, but have made a conscious effort recently to go smaller. After all, my whole life has been about throwing things out these last weeks. I figure, less space = less crap = happier life. So what can be so important to haul in 3 giant hobo bags to work in the morning? What do you have in those things? And how much do they weigh? Things I wonder... *************** C-man and the neighbor kid have now learned they can shout from one yard to the other. "CAN YOU COME AND PLAY!" "MOM SAYS I HAVE TO EAT FIRST!" "OKAY!" Pause 10 minutes "C-MAN, ARE YOU DONE NOW?" And then C-man looked at me excitedly and says, "Can I go now?" "Sure" "Okay, Mommy, you stay here, while I go to E's house." Wh-wh-what? Kid, you're 3, and you're already ditching me like an embarassment? I don't think so. And just watch me hug and kiss you in front of others! HA!

No comments: