June 23, 2009

Red Lightning

Tonight is the night for the Red Lightning to come out and play. (They got to name themselves last week. C-man suggested Red Lobster, but the Lightning won out in the end). He can hardly wait, he's so thrilled.And I absolutely love that he's this excited. He's always been incredibly stubborn, which causes some serious "debates" at our house. And when you mix in how hugely passionate he is about the things he really loves, things can become quite emotional in a hurry. But that's what makes him who he is. And that's what makes me love him so much. I've never understood parents who call their kids derogatory names... monster, sassy, naughty. It has always seemed like a self-fulfilling prophecy, or an expectation from the parents of sorts. So as he gets older, and his stubbornness shows no signs of diminishing, I need to constantly remind myself how much fun his passion and drive are when they're allowed to grow. And I'll keep taking pictures of those incredible moments to remind myself of that, especially after we have a morning of tears because the right "squishy" shorts that he needs for baseball aren't clean. Sigh...

So here's to the Red Lightning! As usual, I'll take enough shots to make you feel like you are there too.

No comments: