October 16, 2014

Thursday Thirteen

  1. The kitchen cabinets are in. We don't have doors or drawers, but cabinets are in. Whoot!
  2. Who knew getting someone in to measure my countertops would be such a long drawn out process? Come on, people! Just bring your tape measures and get this thing done!
  3. I proclaimed last night that all I need to pick out is a garbage disposal. I was corrected because I also have to pick out grout color for the backsplash and a bunch of other little things. Darnit. I just want to be done deciding.
  4. We have also learned that cork floor is too squishy for the big ass range. So I have to get some tile for underneath it. I'll put that in my what I learned file. (I do really like the cork floor, though!)
  5. C-man has football practice tonight. Because when you're 9 and get rained out on Monday, you HAVE to make it up. Sheez.
  6. Tomorrow's the day to get ready for Fall Fest. It's so bizarre because we haven't even really talked about it, what with all the travel and football and kitchen.
  7. Saturday is C-man's penultimate football game. Just when I was starting to learn how to photograph this game, the season is almost over. Oh well, then it's on to learn how to get good wrestling shots.
  8. I really need to start reading again. I've been in a lull - too achy and tired at night to read. I need to get back into some books and help this brain.
  9. It's Boss' Day today. And while it's incredibly nice of my people to think of me, I feel bad because it's pretty much a forced day of recognition.
  10. I got a new pair of riding boots and they're so comfortable, I don't want to wear anything else.
  11. Someone brought Tootsie Rolls into the office. They are like kryptonite. As are donuts. It's been a bad week for eating.
  12. I'm really tired of people posting sad things on Facebook. This person is dying. This turtle is malformed because of pollution. Fracking is destroying the water. Ebola is going to kill us all. Can't we just go back to photos of your beet salads?
  13. I have tomorrow off. It's going to need to be busy, but it won't be at work. And that is going to be awesome.

No comments: