July 18, 2006

Haffenfeffer

Spot the Bunny has been my friend. He is the only one of his siblings who had decided to stay in the hospitable environment that is my herb garden. We named him Spot because, well, he has a white spot on his forehead. Anyhow, I began to have dreams of haffenfeffer when I went to my herb garden for some tarragon and saw it had been mowed down at the base, with the top just left there to wilt and die. He couldn't have nibbled downward from the top? I'm willing to share, after all!

Caleb officially has Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease. Damn that daycare! Anyhow, before anyone gets freaked out, it's not the sheep or cow disease -- that's hand and foot. It stinks, anyhow. He's had a fever for 3 days, a rash on his feet and a few mouth ulcers. We're pretty sure his throat hurts, because he doesn't want to eat or swallow and is a complete drool machine! I stayed home yesterday with him, and Troy is home today. In other news, it's been hotter than a dog's tongue this summer and we, of course, have no pool - only hot, dusty dirt. I am hating the decision to get rid of it more and more each day that I look out onto my dirt farm of a backyard!

No comments: