March 31, 2009
March 30, 2009
March 29, 2009
March 28, 2009
Then we ate lunch at Miller Park. People must have spring fever, because that place was packed. This was as close as we could get to the field, since it was all gated off. But never fear, we made up for it with a trip to the new and improved store to get a Bernie Brewer doll to go with his 5 sausage and 1 baseball doll. I really wanted a zip-up sweatshirt, but I wasn't willing to fork out the $80 for it.Wow, you're blown away by the excitement that is my life, aren't you?
March 27, 2009
March 26, 2009
March 25, 2009
March 24, 2009
March 23, 2009
March 22, 2009
- Chances are the "good" kids are the ones whose parents will stay behind. There is a reason those other parents escape in a mad sprint with evil laughs trailing behind them! (A couple exceptions, of course)
- I cannot keep my hands off cake. I have many weaknesses, but that is my kryptonite. I've begged Beerman to throw it out, because I'm just too weak to do it myself without putting my bare hands in it and scooping it out like a desperate, famished child. When I said earlier in the week that ice cream was second to bbq ribs, I was mistaken. Ice cream is third, after CAKE and then bbq ribs.
- After just two ass-kicking weeks of boot camp, I woke up this morning, threw down a protein shake a la Rocky and his raw eggs, and went for a run with Harry... because I felt like it. Huh?!?
- Harry can run! (We always made fun of him before because we only had Riley, the king of digging deep and running like the wind, to compare him to. But wow, Harry's a good runner! As long as you're aware when he's going to totally put on the breaks to sniff something tasty.)
- Planning a party for thirteen 4 year olds is a lot of work. I feel like I'm hungover today. But at least C-man is having a kick of a time playing with his ridiculously large haul.
March 21, 2009
I'll spare you a photo of the obscenity that was his haul of gifts. People were incredibly generous. (But where are we going to put all this stuff?!?) Suffice it to say, turning 4 is a great time in this little man's life.
I love this age so much. He's so smart and still so very 4. It's the perfect combination of cuteness I could just eat up. Kind of like his face after making the birthday brownies on Thursday...Just eat him up. Yum!
March 20, 2009
March 19, 2009
March 18, 2009
March 17, 2009
March 16, 2009
****************** We invited 17 kids to C-man's upcoming birthday party. So far, 5 have RSVPed. Seriously? How much stinking cake and pizza am I supposed to order? It's bad enough when we go to all these other kids' parties with gifts in hand, and you get totally ignored and the gift you brought never even gets acknowledged. (Or even worse, when the parents are asked to stay for a party on a hot July day and never offered even water). But to not RSVP less than a week out? Rude.
March 15, 2009
March 14, 2009
March 13, 2009
March 12, 2009
March 11, 2009
March 10, 2009
March 9, 2009
March 8, 2009
- The thought of starting
fatboot camp scares the hell out of me. Why on earth am I doing this? Oh yeah, because I "won". This is one of those moments when I'm convinced God is telling me something. And I'm pretty sure it's to stop being fat. So here I go.
- This rain is making my hands look like the Pillsbury dough boy's hands. I currently can wear no rings, and if you were watching me type, you'd laugh.
- Should I get bangs? I really want to change my hair style. But with it being a curly mess, it makes it hard. Sigh.
- I really miss Riley. I still tear up about it once in a while. Part of me thinks it's crazy, because he was "just" a dog. But he was my dog. And I miss him a lot.
- I am currently knitting two scarves. They should be done just in time for spring.
- I need to hire someone to do my laundry for me. The thought of all that bending and lifting and carrying is not in the cards today. Let's hope boot camp helps me with this.
- The Iditarod starts today. Despite some of the claims of dog abuse, I am curiously facinated with it. And it's WAY better than a "snow machine" race across Alaska.
- My orders for herbs, vegetables and plants goes in this week. I am SOOO happy about that.
- If C-man sneaks into the bathroom one more time to fill up the sink and splash the water everywhere, I'm going to lose it.
- I love ginger tea
March 7, 2009
March 6, 2009
Laura Mercier Flawless Face Mega-Moisturizer lotion I had cracking skin on my face, it was getting so dry. A few days of this magic, and it was back to being better than before.
Lifeway Kefir in Pomegranate We get the individual 12-packs from Costco. 6 strawberry. 6 pomegranate. Beerman laughs because I steal all the pomegranate ones first. I just like them better. I've found that when I drink one each morning, I feel a whole lot better.
March 5, 2009
March 3, 2009
March 2, 2009
So what we're trying to figure out is whether the higher alcohol-clean looking one will cloud up once we dilute it. And if the cloudy one has a more desirable taste because it didn't dissolve all the stuff up like the high alcohol content one all along, or if the higher alcohol one tastes cleaner too even when diluted because it did dissolve all the goodness into it.
I know you're jealous of our science-geekiness. Too bad C-man won't be able to use these experiments for school science projects.