July 31, 2008
July 30, 2008
First they condone terrorism, and now they're going healthy? What the hell?!
So what's not going healthy? Wisconsin State Fair, baby! T - 1 Day and counting. Tomorrow morning I will be there at 7 a.m. to pack food boxes for Hunger Task Force until noon. And then it's corn dogs, buttery corn, pork sandwiches, monkey tails, and macaroni and cheese on a stick until I drop! (Yes, that's right, mac and cheese on a stick - it's this year's newest entry to the "on a stick" foods) We have our 4 tickets, (purchased in April when the tickets were only $4 each) so after my initial pigout tomorrow, I will have 2 more chances to roll in the pig racing (and swimming this year, apparently), horse pulling, cow auctioning, baby birthing, dancing on the picnic tables 'til I fall off fun.
July 29, 2008
I'm ornery. I mean really ornery. One of my people called in sick this morning, and I was annoyed. What the hell is wrong with me? The poor girl is fricking sick?!?
I'm exhausted in a way sleep doesn't seem to help. This week my body is hurting so bad, even my skin hurts. When I look at everything left undone around me because I just can't do it, I want to give up and cry. But I don't, because when I stop, it's still there. And because then Beerman has to do it all.
Here's hoping for higher pressure and moods. I'm going to go into my corner and sulk now.
July 27, 2008
July 26, 2008
Have you seen the dumb commercial for the HPV vaccine? The one with the tagline "One Less"? As if the vaccine itself weren't garbage enough, with all kinds of ill side-effects now appearing in girls who are getting it, they have to say "One Less" in their commercials? Come on, marketing people. When referring to a number of things in English, we say "Fewer".
And don't get me started on the Secret commercial. How many times do we have to look at the chick with the really ugly shirt show her pits? It grosses me out every time. And then she sniffs them. EW!
And C-man's response to every Victoria's Secret commercial, "Mommy, why are they naked?"
July 25, 2008
It's a simple USB flash drive that costs around $30. (It can be as high as $60, but shop around). It houses the Amber Alert program with space for you to input all the specific data and photos in the order and format the police need it if your kid went missing. You can put children, adults, and even pets on it.
So why would someone do this? Because if something horrible were to happen, they estimate this little doohickey gets the search out 2 hours faster than if you didn't have it. I'm not an overly paranoid parent, but every time I see the Amber Alert warnings on the electronic highway boards, my stomach rises into my throat and my heart stops. It makes $30 seem like a no-brainer. So stop reading, and go buy it!
July 24, 2008
July 23, 2008
July 22, 2008
July 21, 2008
July 20, 2008
July 19, 2008
July 18, 2008
July 17, 2008
July 16, 2008
July 15, 2008
July 13, 2008
July 12, 2008
July 11, 2008
July 10, 2008
- Camped in a tent in below 0 weather
- Walked up to a stranger's house, asked if I could take a shower, and then did.
- Went to Botswana for no reason other than to get some pottery. (All while Beerman sported his "Don't be an Ass" t-shirt as we crossed the border with me who was 7 months pregnant)
- Ran naked on a beach on a dare
- Hang glided
- Went on a road trip to New York and successfully got every meal for free, simply because I asked.
- Lived for 30 days with only a backpack of items
- Swam in the Indian Ocean
- Had a kid
- Crashed a winery open house party in Nova Scotia
July 9, 2008
- Throw a snowball on Mt. Kilimanjaro
- Watch the running of the bulls (not actually participate, mind you. Have you see these crazies get trampled?
- See a penguin in Antartica
- Attend Saint Week in Rome
- Sail the Greek Isles (or Turkey, I'm not really that picky)
- Find 100 geocaches