October 30, 2009
October 29, 2009
October 28, 2009
October 27, 2009
October 25, 2009
October 24, 2009
October 23, 2009
October 22, 2009
October 21, 2009
- When your back is hurting, having a kid jump on it unexpectedly makes it really hurt. As in, ohmygodicantmovemylegs kind of hurt.
- I've just discovered Bon Iver. I know, I know, about time. But I'm so completely out of what's cool that the first time I heard of them is when they came back to chair AIDS Walk Wisconsin (because they're from here). And now I learn they've got the New Moon soundtrack too. Isn't that just perfect?
- Picnik is the poor man's photoshop, and works pretty well until I can take the time to learn Photoshop.
- The love I feel for my chiropractor is indescribable, but the wait for my 2 p.m. appointment today feels like for.ev.er.
- Even though rain sucks for my physical well-being, I really do like it. It feels kind of mentally cleansing.
- I need someone to physically clean my house. It sounds entirely lame, but it's become too much for me to do. So, I've called a bunch of cleaning services, because I'm pretty sure it's time to stop cleaning my own toilets.
October 20, 2009
October 19, 2009
October 18, 2009
October 16, 2009
October 15, 2009
- consoling C-man this morning because he only had the blue uniform shirts clean, and he doesn't like to wear those because everyone calls him "handsome" all day long.
- having the phone ring for Beerman to wish us a good morning from Denver.
- finding brown socks that actually matched when I got dressed for work.
- laughing with the lady who makes my fabulous latte about her granddaughter.
- the thanks I got from a co-worker when I gave her freshly knitted hats for her upcoming babies.
A while back, I was the recipient of a pay-it-forward from Country Girl/City Girl. And while I've worked really hard to pay it forward in my non-blogging life, I feel like I need to spread the wealth in blogland too. So leave a comment with what simple thing you're really thankful for today, and I'll pick 1 lucky comment-leaver at random as the grand prize winner. Now go on and be happy!
October 13, 2009
- I need to wean myself off caffeine. I can now drink a latte at 5 p.m. and it has no bearing on me whatsoever. This is bad.
- However, today is is not the day for that.
- Everyone around me is sick. I will not go down. I will not go down.
- 2.5 years ago I released a travel bug in a geocache with the mission to get to my mom in Northern Wisconsin. It made it to Duluth, and I was happy it was finally going the right way. Today, I got the notice it's in Nebraska... WTF?
- The travel bug I released in Italy a few weeks ago is already in the Czech Republic.
- I really need to learn how to swim better. I have the best of intentions to inquire about private lessons at my gym.
- I need to get my child in a pool without running away from it like a screaming mimi so he can learn to swim in the first place.
- I'm pretty sure if I have to play "Jedi" one more time, I'm going to go nuts.
- One more reason why I am not capable of being a stay-at-home-mother
- It occurred to me this morning while listening to talk radio, that the conservative pundits believe average people are irresponsible and should be locked up forever when they do something against the letter of the law. However, when individuals run companies, due to the "economic forces", individuals will not become criminals, but make the responsible decision that is best for everyone and the environment. Let me summarize. Individuals = bad, Individuals running companies = good. Hmmm...
- I resisted the scarf-wearing trend last year. While in Italy, I bought a few cashmere ones. I am now a scarf-wearing addict because, who knew, they're warm!
- I have not slept more than 2 consecutive hours for 10 days. This weather is absolutely killing me.
- I could really use a latte.
October 12, 2009
October 11, 2009
October 9, 2009
I made the rutabaga custard pie recipe. Apparently it was enough for 2 pie shells! So far so good, but then again, I haven't tried it yet.
It's going to freeze tonight, so I'm on a roll, harvesting things. Right now I have my valerian root drying in the oven. C-man hates the smell of it, but too bad. I pay buttloads for this stuff at the health food store (it's a really nice gentle, natural sedative in tea form), and if I can make my own, I'll plant a ton of it next year!