- My mole pathology came back with clear margins. Now I just have to sit with 11 annoyingly itchy stitches for 5 more days. Better than the alternative, for sure.
- C-man was sobbing this morning because I can't make it to his 2:15 Halloween costume parade around the school gym. I feel awful, but a 2:15 event on a busy Wednesday when it takes 40 minutes to get there is killer.
- I'm hoping going to the Halloween party at his favorite frozen yogurt shop tonight makes up for it.
- Sunday is the Jingle Bell Run/Walk at the zoo for the Arthritis Foundation. I have been off my game on begging for money this year. So hey, click HERE and help me out!
- I read an article about chronic stress this morning. I fit every single category and then started to feel stressed. I don't think that was the point of the article...
- C-man's last football game of the season is Saturday. I'm predicting a total losing season for the poor little Vikings. At least he still really likes football.
- Happy Halloween!
October 31, 2012
at 11:48 AM
October 27, 2012
October 26, 2012
- The mole pathology came back ugly. So they took a giant hunk of skin out of my belly and I went from 3 stitches to 11. One better than 10, Beerman says.
- It hurts, and I'm feeling kind of babyish and whiny about the whole thing.
- They did give me a whole bottle of Vicodin. I don't know how I keep getting bottles of Vicodin prescribed that I don't ask for, but I am not refusing them.
- It seems C-man's best friend is moving to Texas. A total bummer for him.
- Harry has to go to the vet today for his annual exam. We're at the point now where I pray that they don't tell us anything other than he's a senior dog.
- I thought today was C-man's Halloween parade at school. Well, because it was, until the newsletter came out yesterday. The problem was I didn't read yesterday's school newsletter until this morning after we had his hair all full of product and slicked back. But no worries, we caught it in time, and fixed his hair back to his normal shaggy look.
- A Halloween parade at 2:15 on a Wednesday? Who can make that?!?
- C-man had his speech therapy session last night again. He had to take his Puppy-opoly game that he loves, because they'd talked about it at a previous time. The only problem was it was pouring rain, and he dumped part of the box on the way in. We must have been quite a sight running around the parking lot picking up cards. She thought it was funny all the cards were wet. They played anyway.
- I got an email this morning from Zappos telling me a pair of shoes I'd looked at but were out of stock were now in stock, and would I like to order them. Don't mind if I do! I can't wait.
- I'm teaching a thing at work and we have to have examples of brands we've bonded with. I was struggling. But in the last two days I've come up with 2 - Zappos and Nikon. Total love.
- Beerman signed up to do the food for the school rummage sale next weekend. I am beyond thrilled I'm not a part of it this year. So he's bringing up the family with his volunteer hours on this one.
- Ahhh, weekend. How I've waited for you.
at 9:51 AM
October 23, 2012
I need to get my butt in the gym again. I cannot figure out why my motivation has been so low. But I am starting to disgust myself.
C-man got a sucker for being the best kid in the class in math yesterday. He wanted Grandpa to know that. ;)
I need to start planning for Greece. I think that will kick me into gear to get in shape a bit. Kind of like a Greece 2013 campaign.
C-man is so excited it is Halloween week. His school parade is Friday. I need to figure out how to slick his hair back so that it stays all day like Thor. I am thinking lots and lots of gel.
Here is to a quick week!
at 11:04 AM
October 22, 2012
- It's pouring rain. I don't like that.
- I just got a mole removed. I like that even less. They sent it for a biopsy. My gut says it's not good things.
- I like the pukey feeling I have from the novacaine and sutures and getting a chunk of skin removed even less yet.
- Ahhh, Monday. You can move on now.
at 2:34 PM
October 20, 2012
Wine club got canceled last night because there were only a couple people who could come. Bummer. So I ended up seeing Here Comes the Boom with the boys instead because that's what they had planned on doing to stay out of the house. I really have seen too many movies when I'm reduced to Here Comes the Boom. Just sayin'.
Tonight we're heading to a movie night at the neighbor's house. That should be fun. At some point, we should probably carve pumpkins. Maybe next weekend before trick-or-treat...
at 11:17 AM
October 19, 2012
October 18, 2012
at 3:18 PM
October 17, 2012
And because this is awesome:
at 9:41 AM
October 16, 2012
Tonight is my only free night of the week. I'm going to try to enjoy it by cleaning up the house. With all the coming and going, it's kind of a pit and grossing me out. Wow, my blogging is exhilarating today.
Anyhow in closing, I'm no expert, but I'm going to have to call Holding on this one...
at 9:26 AM
October 15, 2012
at 9:59 AM
October 14, 2012
October 13, 2012
at 2:30 PM
October 12, 2012
October 11, 2012
- C-man has a half-day at school today. I have to teach a class all day, so he's stuck in extended care until I can get out.
- He has tomorrow off. So do I. That should be cool. He also has next Friday off. Seriously, people, that's a bit much.
- I think we're going to go see Hotel Transylvania tonight, because he's been begging to go since it opened.
- Beerman changed his flights, so he's coming home Saturday instead of Sunday. It's always nice when that happens.
- I can't stop researching Greece. I am convinced we need to go over Easter break.
- C-man hates reading, and it's becoming really stressful because he's required to read 30 minutes every night. He's asked for a Kindle for Christmas, and I'm thinking he might get one to try to help with this.
- While crazy, I am really glad I have tomorrow off. Here comes sleeping in!
at 11:55 AM
October 9, 2012
at 11:33 AM
October 8, 2012
- Beerman is coming home from Sacramento today. That's pretty cool.
- I pulled up to my daily coffee shop stop, and it was closed. The barista showed up late, and the lights weren't even on. Boo. I hope it isn't a sign of things to come.
- C-man has school pictures next week. I have a feeling this picture with his long hair and goofy teeth is going to be one for the books. I can't wait.
- I am on a kick that I need to get to Greece. This may very well replace Brazil over Easter break.
- Winter is coming. I already hate being cold. Which reminds me, C-man needs a new winter coat.
- Next weekend has no plans. No football, no events, no nothing. I can hardly believe it.
at 11:18 AM
October 6, 2012
at 4:43 PM
October 5, 2012
Yesterday was kind of fun, though. Harry got blessed at the pet blessing in honor of St. Francis of Assisi's feast day. He was looking forward to swimming in the baptismal font. But alas, the priest just sprinkled holy water on him. He wasn't much into that. (He then proceeded to toot all night long. We figured it was the devil escaping him.) Then we went to get C-man's hair trimmed. It looks a little better, but is still in his eyes because he wants to keep growing it. At least now he and Beerman have styling clay to use.
Tomorrow is C-man's first football game of the season. He adores football so much, that even though the game is at 8:30 a.m., it should be fun. We were then going to go to Chicago after. That's kind of an iffy plan now, as I am not sure if my friend will be there. I'm going to do the play-it-by-ear variety of things, and see how we feel after the game and if the 11 a.m. train is still calling our names.
But beyond all that, it is the weekend. And oh, glorious weekends, how I do adore thee. Hope you enjoy yours!
at 9:58 AM
October 4, 2012
- Another tooth lost. It figures, since we're heading to the Lego Store this weekend.
- I've been late for work every day this week, because I keep stopping to take photos of the spectacular leaves. Oh well. Soon everything will be white, and it won't be a "problem".
- I ordered my usual latte at the coffee shop and the guy tried to give me a coffee. Um...try again.
- Waking up in the dark really stinks. Even Harry is struggling with it.
- Tonight is the pet blessing at church. Harry is thrilled.
- It's also hair trim night for C-man. He has school photos next week, and I just can't bear for him to take his picture with hair in his eyes.
at 8:48 AM
October 3, 2012
at 10:00 AM
October 2, 2012
October 1, 2012
- C-man had his Cub Scout rain gutter regatta on Friday night. He was about .500 for wins and losses, so that was good. Better than all losses like last year.
- Fall Fest was a great success, and we've gotten a lot of compliments since. Which is nice, because my house is still a complete disaster, and nobody has the energy to do anything about it!
- C-man isn't feeling very well. I sent him to school anyhow. There was no fever, and while I know he isn't feeling great, I want to save those sick days for the real sick days he ends up with.
- I'm assuming I'm going to be sick by the weekend.
- His custom made Zig Tech shoes are scheduled to be delivered today. I'm hoping that heals the sniffles a bit.
- We took our Christmas card photo this weekend, and it's outrageous. People are either going to laugh or send us to the mental ward. Either way, I like it.
- C-man and I are heading to Chicago this Saturday. I'm going to try to meet up with a friend and C-man wants to go to the Lego store and Grahamwich. I aim to please.
- My back and hip have been feeling a bit better, which is positive.
- The fall leaves are gorgeous. I'm signed up for a retreat at Holy Hill coming up. I hope the color holds on until then!
at 1:55 PM