July 13, 2006

White Trash Family

Last night, while Troy was making dinner (turkey burgers, my new favorite food), I decided to wash the cars. Caleb loves the water hose, so had fun playing in the water and splashing in the puddles. At one point he got so wet that he was crabbing and trying to take his shirt off. So, I took it off for him. Then he proceeded to splash in the muddy puddles, getting dirt splotches in his white hair. Not a problem, because he hadn't had his bath, right? Just then, our neighbors come strolling by. Nice white trash family we are. I'm out hand-washing my minivan in the driveway while my child is dirty head-to-toe with no shirt on. Oh, and have I mentioned we haven't mowed our lawn in ages? Half of it is burned to a crisp, and the other half is long and straggly. I did actually run last night. At the end of a mile I thought, "Now I have to get to the point where I can do that 2 more times." I'm going to die trying to finish that race! Tonight I have my very first pilates session. My boss bought some sessions for me. I'm very excited. I've always wanted to do it, but it is soooo darned expensive! Maybe it'll help me get through that second mile without collapsing!

No comments: