August 8, 2007

Numbers

32. This is the number of forwarded e-mails I've received already this week and then subsequently deleted without reading them. Forward Senders, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. If you're sending me these e-mails, you clearly don't understand my position on Iraq, religion, (or God forbid, a combination of the 2), age (yeah, menopause jokes are a little over my head, as are "children of the 70s") or just overall sense of humor. So PLEASE take me off your stupid e-mail lists! 4. The number of gifts I've given in the last 30 days that have received no mention. I'm not looking for anything formal, because I don't give gifts to get a thank you note. But come on... zero acknowledgement of receipt? A complete brush-off? Miss Manners is going to send you to hell! $136. The amount I've spent on those aforementioned gifts to the ungrateful jerks. And by the way, I'm done giving to those who are that incredibly rude. You'd better be good this year and hope Santa comes, because I'm through with it. 6. The number of hours I am going to ride in the car with a 2 year old and 2 stinky sheepdogs for a 6 hour car ride on Friday... I'm just hoping we all make it out alive. 4. The number of nuggets C-man got after this comment last night: "Mommy, I have a great idea! I go to Old McDonalds and get applie pie, nuggets and chocolate milk!" After that, who could deny the kid?

No comments: