January 20, 2008

This Hurts

C-man blessedly slept in until 8 a.m. today. Too bad he didn't feel like sleeping from 1 a.m. - 4 a.m. Gee, that would have been swell. But apparently I ask for too much these days, so I am going with the "take what I can get" theory. Did I mention that despite going to Urgicare 2 days ago because he was getting an ear infection and being turned away, he woke up with gunky eyes and ears today? Ugh... Beerman is on his way to the game. I'm very happy he's going, because it's something he loves to do. But selfishly, I keep thinking "Oh God, any day but today". I have been left behind in my own puddle of pity and pain while my 2 year old does the "Mom-Mom-Mommy-look at this Mommy-Come here Mommy-You can be Princess Presto and I'll be Super Why-Let me sit on your lap Mommy-Mommy-Mom-Mom-Mommy-Let's play backhoes-Where's my smoothie rock-Let's play baseball-Mommy you can be Bandit and I'll be Spirit..." So I am putting myself back in the running for Parent of the Year and letting him watch not just 20 minutes of Super Why, but an hour, while I somehow try to get some laundry clean for the week. I don't even feel like I've got a rope left to hang on to anymore. Go Pack Go!

No comments: