November 6, 2014

And Bob's Your Uncle


  1. I was checking out at Menards and they had a case of Toblerones sitting there as an impulse buy. (I know! At Menards!) Well, I bought. And ate.
  2. I have to winterize my bees this weekend. That means I need to get to the fabric store to be able to make a quilt for moisture absorption.
  3. The new kitchen fridge has an ice maker in the door. We're now having a household war over crushed vs cubed.
  4. I have so many thank you notes to write this weekend. I'm incredibly behind!
  5. Apparently I get some crappy prize for fundraising for the Jingle Bell Walk. I really wish they'd keep the money. Isn't that the point, after all?
  6. The other day I'd said something, and then said, "And Bob's your uncle!" She thought I was nuts and had to prove to her it was a real saying. I didn't realize that was so obscure.
  7. The NFL has three games playing in London next year. I can't even describe how ridiculous I think that is.
  8. It's a back-to-back-to-back meeting kind of day. It's better than being bored, I suppose.
  9. Harry is getting older by the day. What was easy yesterday is more difficult today. I give him Rimadyl every night now. I just want to snuggle him nonstop. I hate this.
  10. I got C-man's sign up sheet for his altar server schedule. I can hardly believe my kid is going to be an altar server.
  11. Report cards come home today. It's the first time C-man gets letter grades. He's incredibly nervous. Poor thing.
  12. I bought a wreath from a Boy Scout who called the house. I know I'm supposed to pick it up from somebody's house in November, but I'll be damned if I can find the paper I wrote the information on. I'm going to trust they'll call me when it's in.
  13. C-man has to bring a couple of cans of corn to school for the homeless shelter's Thanksgiving meal. Really? We can't do better than cans of corn?

No comments: