November 20, 2014

Polysemy and twelve other things

  1. Polysemy is my latest word I really enjoy. It means a word that has many meanings. I've found particular joy in it, because it clearly explains how people can have such different visions when they hear the exact same thing.
  2. I'm trying to figure out how to organize our kitchen so that it's usable. This is not my strong suit. I need someone to come and organize me.
  3. I used my Ninja blender for the first time last night. C-man wanted a smoothie. It worked great. I am pretty sure it's the first time I've owned a blender that worked.
  4. There is no snow in sight, but wow, am I in pain.
  5. Harry continues to decline. We're managing him with pain meds, but our time is incredibly short. It's so awful saying goodbye this way.
  6. I need to get C-man some wrestling shoes. Just one more thing I never thought I'd say.
  7. Today is cookie Thursday at work. I love cookie Thursday.
  8. I'm so glad the work week is almost done. It's been a long one.
  9. I should probably order more floor tile so we get it to do the entryway before it goes out of style. Because that'd be my luck.
  10. Next week is Thanksgiving. And teacher's conferences. I don't know which I dislike more.
  11. The good news is I'll finally put my bees to bed for the winter. I just need to take the liquid sugar off Beatrix's hive and replace it with a hard candy sugar board as an emergency store for winter. And then it's a hope and a prayer they make it until April.
  12. I love that the pope is raffling off his gifts to give the money to the poor. It's almost as good as him building the showers for the homeless. This pope gives me so much hope.
  13. I need to think of something fun for us to do locally next week on our days off. Yippee for vacation days!

No comments: