November 24, 2014

Old habits


Missing Harry is so much harder than I thought it'd be. The old habits are so hard to kick, and each one is a reminder of what we've lost. I've had to stop myself when I've passed the bathroom and reached to close the door so he wouldn't lay down in there. Or wiped a tear when the last few bits of my dinner were thrown into the garbage. And as I left the house this morning, I started to reach for the box of treats and had to remember there was nobody to give them to. I've missed a lot of dogs in my life. But this one is so, so different.

It probably doesn't help that I'm sick - I slept through 3/4 of the Packers game yesterday. C-man and Beerman are feeling it, too. Or that the weather is that dark, gray, rainy snowy yuk.

I'm glad we have most of the week off. We have parent-teacher conferences today. I work tomorrow, but the boys are off the rest of the week. It'll be good to lay low, recover, and be together.

No comments: