October 20, 2006

Friday Fun

So I've been in the department stores the last few days. What was hyped as a great "experience" (my group lo-oves that buzzword for everything, by the way), has ended up to be well, something else. Let's review: Wednesday: Walk around store, help lost little girl who only spoke Spanish find her Mama, re-do a wall of slippers. Thursday: Stock housewares (I didn't even break anything) and unload truck for 4 hours, watch store administrator do her job (e-mail, make signs, etc.) for 3 hours. Friday: I'm off to go to a different store in a few minutes. Vera Wang is visiting the store to look around on Monday so it's supposed to be bat-shit crazy there today. Great. I can't wait. Now all of this would be fine and dandy, I'm not above doing a slipper wall after all, if I thought it had any bearing on my life. But at the end of the day, am I a better trainer because of this? Um, no. I was just in the way of some very hard working people. But on Monday I'm going to have to spin it into some wonderful "experience". Corporate life is going to get some getting used to. In other news, it's almost the weekend! Tomorrow we've got a babysitter, and are running a beer tasting event. Sunday we're off to Coleman to see the extended family. Since Beerman likes to drive, I'll be in back sleeping with C-man for 2 hours. I just can't seem to shake this cold!

No comments: