March 11, 2008

Where is Thumbkin?

C-man keeps singing that song, and I can't get it out of my head. But it got me thinking. "How are you today, sir?" Does anyone ever care? I mean, "How are you?" shouldn't be a rhetorical question, yet when someone answers truthfully, you sit there and think, "Come on, just answer 'fine' already!" I've noticed this most recently when people ask me, because I have absolutely NOT been fine. But nobody wants to hear that crap. So how do you tell someone your life's been sucking wind when nobody really cares anyway? In most of Eastern Asia, the greeting is, "Have you had your rice yet?" I'd love to translate that to our culture. "Hey, eaten your donut, McDonalds and pizza yet?" HA! ***************** One Mississippi, two Mississippi... Come on give us 33 Mississippi! ***************** I had my Stitch n Bitch group last night. It's so nice to get out with different people. Because there's usually more bitching than stitching going on, I started a pair of mindless baby booties. In 2 hours, I only got one done! So I now currently have 3 projects going, and was coveting a new sweater pattern beforehand. Thankfully, the teensy-weensy yarn store on my way to the SNB didn't have enough skeins to do the sweater, or I totally would have started a 4th project. So I vow to finish the other bootie, and one of the other projects before starting on a new one. Thank God I have a birthday coming up, because I'm so asking for these.

No comments: