March 31, 2008

Rain, rain, go away...

Had a decent weekend. I played a lot of baseball. Our first Brewers tickets don't start until June, and it's KILLING C-man. I should get some April tickets for him. Poor thing almost convulses when you tell him we don't have any tickets. We went to IHOP. We're officially regulars, because when we walked in, a server said, "There's my favorite family!" Either that, or we're obviously the only ones who don't live in that neighborhood... Whatever, I love IHOP pancakes. After IHOP, we went to Trader Joe's. Another Sunday tradition at the house, apparently. C-man likes getting the balloon when we check out. Only problem was that they didn't have any this time. We avoided calamity because I had an uninflated one in my purse leftover from the previous weekend with the Easter Bunny. Thank God for small favors. Beerman continued painting the infamous bathroom. We've decided against a texture technique, which I'm okay with, because instead of covering up the crappy, uneven walls, it actually accentuates their crappiness (who knew THAT was possible?). So one flat color it is. It's good to see real progress! We also watched Dan in Real Life. I laughed out loud through a lot of it. Beerman did too. It's been a really long time since I've seen a movie I've really enjoyed. (Or one that didn't have animated characters or talking dogs, for that matter.) Steve Carrell does some really smart stuff. So 4 stars from me. Well, off to enjoy the start to my week. Woo-hoo.

No comments: