April 20, 2011

Pueblos and Bridges and Paninis, oh my!

Yesterday we went to see the Taos Pueblo. The 5-story buildings are each over 1000 years old, and 10 families still live here without running water or electricity.
The church is the newest building, at about 150 years old.
C-man guided us through the area with his newfound love of maps.
After he got a new arrowhead necklace and some cookies, we went to the Rio Gorge Bridge so I could get some photos.
Then we drove to the top of the Taos Ski Hill, to take a look around.
After all that, we ate some lunch. At which time, I felt compelled to remove the apostrophe from the "panini's" sign. Because while I can't be sure, I'm pretty sure there was nobody around named "Panini". Beerman thought it was a funny enough thing for me to be doing to document it. I do love my grammar.
Then, we made our way to our house in on the top of the mountain with a most amazing view of the mountains. I keep pinching myself, I can't believe how gorgeous and calm it is. I think I'm finding out that I really love the mountains.

2 comments:

Mary Z said...

The day we went to the pueblo, they were having some sort of ceremony and we were not allowed to take photos. 8^( Great photo of the bridge. Glad there's another "grammar cop" besides the ones in my family.

Kwizgiver said...

I adjust apostrophes, too. And your trench is fantastic!

Oh, all the pictures are lovely!