April 14, 2011

Thursday thirteen things I have to do

There are so many things I need to do and get done ASAP. There are only two more sleeps until vacation after all. (Which I'm sooooo excited about!)

So here are my top 13 to-dos:
  1. Get a new key cut for my car. I stupidly lost the darned key (I've learned that I lost it in the rental car in New York) and ended up with a lovely cab ride home last night, and my car still sits in the airport garage. The good news is the rental car company found it and are shipping it out today. The bad news is we can't find the spare. The good news is it's an old car, so isn't one of those $200 computer chip keys. The bad news is I have to get myself, the title, the VIN # (which I was smart enough to write down before I left the airport last night), and my drivers license to the other side of the city to get it done before Saturday.
  2. Retrieve said car from the airport.
  3. Get an eye doctor appointment. Yesterday, I realized I'm totally out of spare contacts. That's so unlike me. I always have a spare box lying around. And I hate the idea of going on vacation without a spare set, so I need to get in ASAP!
  4. Finish up C-man's Easter basket. We'll be home for Easter, but there's no way I'm shopping for everything the day we get back. I do have a few Cadbury eggs in the house now, and it's KILLING me not to eat them.
  5. Pack for vacation. I have the list made, and the essential stuff purchased. We've even started taking the initial doses of chlorophyll to help avoid the altitude sickness. It just needs to get put into a suitcase in an orderly fashion.
  6. Figure out where C-man is going to spend weeks 2 and 3 of August. All the local summer camps are done at that point, except for Y day camp and the Jewish kids camp. The Y day camp here stinks, and I don't want to join the JCC for just 2 weeks of camp, even though he'd probably have a blast.
  7. Pick a new knitting project and get some yarn for the plane trip. (It's cold enough for me to be wearing my latest sweater, which I'm loving.) There are just so many options. And I really do love lovely yarn. Sigh... Such a tough decision and so little time to decide.
  8. Put holds on the mail and newspaper
  9. Check the tracking number of my rented camera lenses (Nikon 10-24 mm and Tokina 11-16 mm - I'm trying them to see if they're worth the price. And if they are, which I like better. Hello, landscape shots!)
  10. Charge up my camera batteries and pack all my lenses.
  11. Transfer money into my checking account to pay my taxes. (Seriously, who are these people who get refunds?)
  12. Print out the directions and reservations to all the places we'll be next week.
  13. Download some new movies for C-man to watch.

No comments: