August 13, 2013

I'm rounding up to 28

  • Today is my Dad's birthday. Happy birthday, Dad!
  • I've been back to reality for 2 days, and my feet still hurt.
  • I calculated how far we walked according to an online distance mapper and it came up to 26 miles. Which means we walked further because we zig-zagged, and a few times got a little turned around.
  • I'm rounding our mileage up to 28 to account for that.
  • Unless you take into account how much I ate. Then it goes down to about 2.
  • We always talk about our trips in terms of Gold, Silver, and Bronze. Now that I've had a few days to reflect on the most memorable moments, I'm going with Gold: High Line Park, Silver: Brooklyn Bridge, Bronze: Walking through Central Park and then eating lunch in Uptown. Honorable mentions go to the Comedy Cellar, eating in Little Italy, and my half-pitcher of sangria at Nai Tapas.
  • Now it's back to the regular ol' stuff. Well sort of. I need to get C-man ready to go to Camp Grandma and Grandpa next week due to my little screw-up where I missed the fact that I had no care set up for him next week. Whoops. August has 5 weeks, not 4.

No comments: