June 3, 2016

On this Friday...


C-man's baseball team is terrible. He's been doing fairly well, especially at catcher, but is so discouraged about it all. They keep getting slaughtered, and it's demoralizing. I'm really worried it's ruining his love for baseball. He's already refused to try out for the post season team, even though two coaches have asked him to do it. It makes me sad.

In other C-man news, I think he's going to make the switch to the bigger public school next year. The curriculum isn't as rigorous as his current situation, but I think the social benefits outweigh any of that for a 6th grader. And really, he doesn't have problems academically, so that's not at all a worry. Plus, it's in our backyard, which is nice. I think it's interesting that he's so sure of himself at 11. I really appreciate that.

And now, let's all rejoice that it's Friday. Ahhh...

No comments: