December 5, 2007

Adventure to Leafs Land

My artistic version of the CN Tower on my way to the game. Okay, really, it's my drunken self trying to take a shot at night. In the Toronto subway on the way to the game.
This is what $80 gets you. Clearly, I can see why hockey is hurting so bad... not enough money. Did I mention 95% of the crowd had on the $150 Toronto Maple Leafs official jersey with $9.50 beers in their hands? Clearly, just not enough money in the NHL.
Me taking an attractive double-chin picture of myself with the rink in the background during warmups. If only you could see my killer Leafs shirt I am wearing while loudly singing the American National Anthem and secretly cheering for Nashville to win. Killer Leafs shirt though.
Go Leafs Go! This is the best chant this crowd can come up with? No "Sieve, Sieve, Sieve", no "Nationals are Assholes!" No "We've got drummers!" Yikes. I thought this would be so much more of a party. These people are too frickin' polite here.
I got 4 people in my row to sing the American anthem with me before the game started. Suckers. I wonder how many Americans know the Canadian anthem. Scratch that, how many Americans know the American anthem?

3-1. Go Leafs Go.

No comments: