December 30, 2007

8 Years Ago...

...I met my husband at the Milwaukee Ale House. Wow. 8 years of living the dream, baby. ******************** After my hour-long massage (heaven), C-man and I went to the laundromat. Yes, the laundromat. I'm pretty sure I was the only woman in the laundromat with a Gucci purse and having just come from the spa, but I guess that's a different story. Because it won't stop snowing, and Beerman has to shovel it off our roof and blow it out of our driveway, (and because a lot of good football has been on) he hasn't gotten to fixing the dryer. And because we were down to our last towel, (and I refuse to dry myself with some scratchy sandpaper towel that's been air dried) we trucked to the ghetto to do our laundry. (A gazillion dry cleaners around here, but not a single laundromat). Anyhow, it might have been the best day of C-man's little life. We took a couple of his backhoes along, and there were a few other little boys who had so much fun playing with him. For 2 hours he ran around that place, driving his trucks, yelling into open dryers, eating Old McDonalds and Skittles (one of his new "friends" shared his enormous bag of them, much to my chagrin), and having the best time. So, I got the laundry done, our towels are fluffy, and C-man went down for a giant nap. Good times. ******************** My acupuncturist/herbalist has now prescribed some herbs for me to take. I'm supposed to take them 3 times a day in a cup of warm water like tea. Holy crap, are they awful! Like tree bark mixed with unsweetened chocolate. I am choking it down once a day. It's going to be on of my resolutions to get myself up to twice a day. But since the new year isn't until Tuesday, I'm sticking with just once today.

No comments: