October 17, 2008

Herbology

I've been wasting way too much time talking to way too many universities about PhD programs. And the result is to discover that the ones I want to go to don't allow part-time students. Which I just don't understand. I'm willing to give you my money, for a way longer period of my life than any reasonable human should commit to, and you don't want me. Because unless I'm willing to give up my job for 4 - 5 years, I'm deemed unworthy. Bummer. But I'm still looking. And I'll find a reputable program that doesn't require me licking and affixing one of your cut out stamps with my chosen degree on the entry form, and then the Kellogg School of Management will be sorry! Anyhow, while in the natural foods store today, looking for some elder flower and astragulus of course, it occurred to me that I should get a degree in Herbology. At least then I would get a discount on this crap. So I went to utilize my PhD in Google to find out more. And apparently, Herbology isn't just for Harry Potter anymore. So far, I've finished my first module from the Herb School, all about the immune system. Take that, University of Chicago. And all your Nobel laureates too! I'm going to get an online certificate in something nobody cares about but me. ********************* Only 3 more days left to sign up to get the cheap registration on the Jingle Bell Run/Walk.

No comments: