October 21, 2008

Tuesdays Thoughts

Still confused about the mess on Wall Street? Then check this out. It explains pretty simply how we've based our financial industry on trading nothing for something. I found it pretty eye opening. That, and that the AIG derivatives are only .8% of all the derivatives out there. Yikes! ***************** Complaint alert: Yahoo went and "upgraded" my website account. What a pain. Now I have 4000 more options to website development that I didn't want nor need, and I can't find one that even works! Argh! ***************** I recently watched the movie Outsourced. If you haven't seen it, and need a cute rental, I recommend it. ***************** Tonight's going to be the first "deep freeze". I brought a ton of stuff into work today to give away. It kills me to do it, but the basil is going to have to be chopped down and brought inside. I've made a ton of pesto and butters already, but now I'm going to have to start preserving it in oil. I was hoping this would have waited until the weekend. But hey, at least I have 3 days of low pressure to look forward to! Ouch. It's a good thing I have a chiropractic appointment today. It's the only thing keeping me happy sane alive lately. ***************** Yesterday morning Beerman called to inform me that we have a black tie event to attend on Saturday. On such short notice, this is the only thing I have in my closet. I know, it's pink, but it's just going to have to do. I figure with a black wrap, some swanky jewelry, and a breast cancer pin, it will look like I'm making an October activist "statement". Now I just need to find a breast cancer pin. Oh, and a babysitter, because Harrydog has been just too irresponsible lately. ***************** Apparently I have found heaven, and its real name is "delay start". The past two mornings I have awoken to a freshly baked, outrageously decadent chocolate croissant. That, and a just perked cup of coffee to which I add my wanna-be Starbucks pumpkin latte mix. Oh my God, add the morning newspaper crossword puzzle, and I quake with excitement. Who knew mornings could be so frickin' good?!? Yes Jennifer, you say, welcome to 1978. I know, I know. But I just get so hectic at night. Or so tired. That things just don't come together after 8 p.m. like they do for most people. But I think I'm onto something here...

No comments: