October 3, 2008

Tomatos, Shomatoes

There once was a woman who lived in a double-wide, she had so many tomatoes, she was fit to be tied! Okay, I know, a bad little ditty that uses a phrase my Mom always says and I have no idea what it actually means except through context which when she says it infers ' I'm really pissed off', but I am overflowing in frickin' tomatoes. I've been blanching, peeling and freezing them and still have a ton more to do. Those whom I've asked have told me to screw the whole canning bit, which is good, because then I'd have to figure out how to successfully do that without burning myself (which would be as likely as actually getting Sarah Palin to answer the damned question). Since the nights are now getting down to freezing temperatures, this Sunday is going to be all about drying, preserving, freezing, pesto-izing my remaining tomatoes, herbs and vegetables. And, hopefully watching a Brewers game. This was batch #3:

No comments: