May 28, 2009

Essays

I'm in my last four weeks of the boot camp challenge. And before this is all done, I need to have written, in no more than 500 words, about my experience. It'll be judged, and a big part of who wins this thing. I like writing (obviously), but I'm finding this one to be tough. And there's the added pressure because there's no way I'm going to beat the girl who loses 20 pounds every weigh-in on the physical changes component. Every good story needs a theme, and I can't pick just one. Sigh... so many daydreams wasted thinking about it. Do I go pity-party and talk about the arthritis? Do I tug at heartstrings about my family? Do I go funny? Sigh... I'm on version 9, and don't like any of them, so I'm wide open to suggestions!

3 comments:

wineandroasts said...

The arthritis is an interesting angle - can you make it funny?

Humor ALWAYS sells. :o)

:: mingle, mingle ::

Rogers5 said...

How about the whole reason you really did this? Family, health, personal struggles. Tell them what this experience has done and meant. Pulling at the heart strings doesn't hurt.

Bev Sykes said...

I have such incredible admiration for you. I don't now which way to go for an essay, but I'm just so impressed that you're doing this.

* mingle *