May 6, 2009

Mothers Day Brunch

So C-man had a Mothers Day Brunch at school today. And while I know the intentions were good, I find these things so frustrating. It started at 10:15. So of course, I get to work, do a tiny bit, and have to turn around to drive a half hour to get to the thing. Once I'm there, it's then time for "brunch" (cheese, jello, bagels with pink cream cheese, and muffins). In other words, get up and get your kid some food while they hand out the "frames" your child made (4 popscicle sticks with shit glued on them). So that I can then turn around to leave (child sobbing because I'm leaving him) and drive a half-hour back to work so I can skip lunch to get my shit done that I missed while gone at the amazing Mothers Day Brunch. I'm probably a giant whiner about this, and I should somehow be grateful that we all got together. But I'm not. I'm annoyed. I took 2 hours out of my day to go feed my kid crappy food with food dyes so that he won't end up eating a good lunch, which happens to be the only meal of the day he eats well at. And THAT, my friends, is crap. Sigh...

No comments: