May 22, 2009

My camera and me

The other day, I was reading one of my regular blogs, and she mentioned that the reason she liked photography was because it kept her "mindful". While she's infinitely better than me at photography, I really liked her perspective on it. Personally, I really like photography because despite LOVING to have my picture taken, there's something different about the world with a camera in your hand taking them of everyone and everything else. It makes me look at things in a new way. Where's the light? What would that look like really close up? Or in partial view? And then it turns into a game. How can I capture C-man's complete glee without him noticing I'm there? Can I capture the feeling of the moment in one single frame? What will someone else feel when looking at that color? In other words, I get really happy with my D90 in my hand. So look out world. If you're nearby, you can count on your photo being taken while I figure this out. Maybe when you don't even know it's happening.

No comments: