June 17, 2011

Road to Summer

Summertime things really seem to be kicking into full gear. Tonight it's wine club at the house (outside, hopefully), tomorrow it's a Little League game, after which we'll go to the first farmers market of the year. Yesterday, I picked up our first CSA share (mushrooms, basil, lettuce and radishes). And last night, after the jewelry party (I restrained myself and only got a pair of earrings), Beerman and I sat outside in the back yard, listening to the frogs and watching an owl hunt (which explains why Harry has been in the back yard barking at seemingly nothing lately - he can hear the owl, whereas we cannot.) Sunday, of course, is Fathers Day. We'll be spending the middle of it at the ball diamond, yet again, so I'll be treating him to a Fathers Day concession stand hamburger.

Ahhh, the weather hasn't totally cooperated yet, but I think Summer is almost here.

No comments: