December 5, 2014

On St. Nick's Eve

I stayed home from work on Monday because I was still recovering, and wanted to be extra sensitive to not infecting my co-workers with a plague, especially during the holidays. Yesterday, a co-worker who sits next to me came to work with a fever. And then I sat in a meeting in close proximity to my boss whose daughter had been home with a fever, and she was obviously sick. ARGH! What is with this martyrdom? Our schedules and ability to work from home are pretty flexible. I just don't get it. You don't get a medal for being a dick, so stay home! (For the record, I voiced my displeasure all day) I have a scratchy throat today. This had better not become something. I have a house to get ready for next weekend.

Speaking of my house, my kitchen is a bit further along. I have doors on my cabinets - a couple aren't the right ones, but at this point, who can be picky. We're moving forward.

And finally, it's St. Nick's Eve. I guess St. Nick should get on the ball and pull her act together! At least my Christmas cards are going out today. So that's something off the list.

No comments: