May 20, 2016

TGIF


C-man played a great game last night. It was against a lot of his wrestler buddies, so showing up was important. He hit well (a really solid double off a friend), caught great (especially for the first time since he'd sprained his thumb), and even made a beyond amazing catch in center field to rob his good friend of at least a double. (His teammates dubbed it Trout-like) Afterward, he declared it the most fun he'd ever had losing. And that's what baseball is about, I suppose.


Now we have a baseball-free weekend in front of us, and the weather is supposed to be glorious. After the annual plant sale tomorrow morning, I'm hoping my arthritis nonsense holds off enough to be able to get some stuff done around the house and clean out my gardens. And, of course, drink the champagne Beerman got us for our anniversary. Definitely a yes on that one.


Cheers to the weekend, my friends. Cheers.

No comments: