May 9, 2007

Give A Homeless Man A Pizza, Please!

Philip Workman was executed in Tennessee this morning. His last meal request? A pizza to be given to a homeless man. He was refused, because "Taxpayers don't allow us to donate to charity." How many things can we find wrong with this situation? If you don't agree, then maybe it's because I haven't mentioned that the ONLY witness to the "crime" was convicted of perjury and never truly saw the "crime" occur. At least justice has been served, right?

80 degrees out today and rainy. I got my drivers license renewed and a new picture taken. I have curly hair, and it's hot and humid. Perfect. I ended up looking like a deer in the headlights with an afro. But whatever. It's not like I get carded anymore anyway, so what am I worried about?

Mothers Day is this weekend. Half of me thinks I should spend it with my mother, and the other half thinks I should spend it completely and utterly alone reading a book. All of me is most likely going to spend it with my own family geocaching after a nice breakfast of eggs. Which is pretty darned good too. I should probably scope a few caches out in advance to get my gameplan down. We've been going for some harder ones lately, and I've been enjoying it immensely.

Speaking of Mothers Day, I need to send my mother-in-law her gift so it gets there on time. I hate the post office, though, so I'm sure I'll procrastinate, and then spend too much on going to the UPS store, having them packign it, and then shipping it overnight. I meant to do it today, but after the DMV (do I have to explain the time it takes at a ghetto DMV?) and the bank, I needed to get back to work. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: