May 6, 2007

To Rapids and Back

Whew, 6 hours in a car can be a drag. But, we went to my nephew's first communion. I'd be lying if I said going back into my childhood church didn't give me the cold sweats. I can't help it. That place still creeps me out. It was good to see the family though. I'd also be lying if I didn't say talk radio didn't give me a screaming headache. To try to drown it out, I attempted sleeping. That was foiled by Beerman not watching road signs and blowing past where we needed to go, and me trying to navigate our way back on course with an ancient road map. Then I tried to read the paper. However, that plan was foiled by Beerman commenting on the talk radio I was trying to drown out, at least every 5 minutes. I've taken 3 Advil, and it's just not getting any better. Can someone explain the point of talk radio anyhow? A bunch of yahoos blabbering on about absolutely NOTHING in an AM frequency, so it's complete with scratchy background noise. ARRRRGGGGHHHH! Anyhow, it's Sunday night. C-man's had a bath, spring is here, I got some pretty good birthday loot, and my family is pretty darned satisfying today. Enjoy your week.

No comments: