May 24, 2007

Disturbia

So I take Beerman's car this morning, and it's on E. I remember there is cheaper gas on the way to work. (And since you have to take out a mortgage to fill up these days, 12 cents/gallon is significant!) So I stop. The problem? It's in the middle of the 'hood. I tried to pre-pay with my debit card, and I couldn't. I had to go in and show the attendant my ID was the same name as my debit card. As if that wasn't disturbing enough, I realized I wasn't just paying next to the row of candy bars, but in front of the large rack of nudie magazines when the guy behind me ordered USA red 100's. I think I'll pay the 12 cents in the future. Another disturbing item of my day... I bought a Snickers bar, and it's green inside. Apparently it's some Shrek promotion. But disturbing, nonetheless. My sciatic nerve is acting up really bad again. I can barely sit down, and I've been popping Advil like it's Starburst. So what's a girl to do but go out and drink with co-workers tonight? The plan is to go to a local wine bar. I need different friends in my life, so this should be good.

No comments: