July 7, 2007

HOTweekend

Wow, it's hot. And my child only wants to play outside. So far, we've gone to the farmers market, played at the playground, gone to Menards, washed both cars, and ridden our bike to the neighbors. Wow. I'm pooped! And now I can add Worst Mother Award to the day -- I just bribed my kid to come inside with a McDonalds apple pie andthe chance to watch Madagascar. I hate people who parent by TV, and here I've gone and done it. We were supposed to go camping on the beach last night to tonight, but Beerman had to work late last night, and yes, it's really steamy hot, so we backed out. Too bad, because that would have been SO much fun. I got my hair cut this morning. It's always a good day when I get my hair cut. The bad part is that she chopped almost 2 inches off... Note to self: don't ask a strict Catholic Mexican woman about her brand new illegitimate bi-racial grandson when she'd only found out last night that her other son is expecting an illegitimate son in 6 months. Tomorrow's supposed to be 97 degrees. I sure am glad we pulled the pool out in exchange for my insanely expensive lumpy backyard. Awesome.

No comments: