January 1, 2012

I resolve

Well, after ringing in the new year with an awesome snack dinner and the Indiana Jones trilogy, it's that time again. That time to make some resolutions. So here are my 4 resolutions for 2012:
  • To read all 22 of the books in front of the Kansas City Library. (For the record, I've read 4 of them, so won't be re-reading those. Technically, that means I have 18 classics to get through.) I'd also like to actually see the front of this building. Next work trip to KC, I'll find it. That second part isn't really a resolution, but just something I want to do.
  • Call it cliche, but I need to drop 10 pounds. (Well, 20 if we're being honest, but let's not get picky.) That's not my resolution, though. My actual resolution is to keep to a twice-weekly gym visit. I'm hoping one will lead to the other, but feel the strength building one is necessary to my overall health.
  • Start to learn German. I know I won't get near to fluency in only a year of self study, but it's time to learn the language of my future homeland, after all.
  • Finish knitting the sweater I started on the trip to Japan. The pattern is translated from French, and written so poorly, I've had to undo and redo it several times. (It's not just me being stupid. The super knitter ladies at the yarn store were perplexed by it, too.) I have the extreme urge to throw it in the trash, but know I'll love it if I stick with it.

1 comment:

Mary Z said...

What a cool building! I guess I need to go look for the list.

Are you going to be moving to Switzerland? (Germany?)