January 9, 2012

It's Monday. Whoopee.

My back and shoulder got mysteriously better yesterday during the day. I haven't been able to move my shoulder without pain and haven't been able to sit without excruciating shooting pain since the first week in October, and suddenly yesterday, it was all better. I had troubles again while sleeping last night, and it's achy today, but is NOTHING like it's been. I thought I was going into a flare when I woke up Saturday, my hands were puffy and my joints all stiff, so went to the pool with two little boys for two hours in the afternoon. So was that it? Or was it that I started going back to my chiropractor last week? (But would that affect the shoulder improvement, too?) Or was it that the acupuncture regime changed a week and a half ago (and I actually feel something moving around while I'm there now instead of being annoyed and cold)? I'm due for my injection later this week, so that's all worn out of my body by now. Was it just a coincidence of time? Combination of it all? I don't know, but Beerman said, "Just keep doing it!" Here's hoping it isn't a fluke.
***********
C-man starts his math tutoring tonight. (He's going because he likes math and we want to encourage it, not because he is having trouble.) Which is a good thing, because last night he was doing the math homework he got assigned while being off sick on Thursday (seriously?), and I had to look up what "mode" meant before I could check his work.
***********
I've been reading about different bad things that we use in our everyday products. Most I knew about, but one I hadn't thought about was laundry detergent. Apparently Tide, which is what I use, is one of the worst. While it cleans delightfully, it's not really helping us health-wise. In what I realize is only a half step away from beating it against a rock in the river, I am going to attempt to make my own detergent. If this experiment fails, or is just too much work, I'll go back to conventional stuff, just something with a little less yuk in it.
***********
I'm going to redecorate my cube today. It's kind of all I have in me right now.

2 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

So glad you're feeling good today. May you have more "good" days!

Mary Z said...

Ditto, Bev!