May 6, 2012

Cinco de Me - the day after

After presents and a Yankees win, and an afternoon of lunching and frozen yogurt visits and lawn mowing and hanging out, we capped it off with a lovely dinner. (Well, Beerman was all hocked up on Benadryal since his eye was all swollen up from something allergy-related, so maybe it was lovely for 2/3 of us) And it ended when I got a candle in my creme brulee accompanied by no singing. Kind of perfect.

The moon was not super, as it was so cloudy we didn't see it even existed. I'm hoping we can see it tonight, but the blanket of clouds overhead isn't looking promising.

At 36, I've got very few real complaints. I'm going to make this year about remembering that - that my life is really, really good. I think remembering that takes you a long ways toward optimism and happiness, especially when others aren't.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday! I suppose I should check my Draw Something app .... ;)