May 17, 2012

Plants, plants, and shoot me, more plants

The school plant sale I'm chairing started today at 10 a.m. with a 53' truck and 6 giant racks of plants and ended for the day at 7 p.m. with more plants. Today, I unloaded plants, I sorted plants, I helped people load their cars with plants, I sold plants, and I moved more plants. I am burned to a crisp in unique areas, like just above my elbows and the back of my neck. And I dealt with a couple of people who thought they should get a break on their orders because they ordered so much. (What part of fundraiser is confusing?) I am totally exhausted.

But people are happy with the plants and people are buying more plants. I didn't screw much up, which was my big fear, and when I did, people were more than happy to swap them out for something else. And we're raising money for the school. So pretty much, it's perfect. (Until I have to go back tomorrow!)

Now if I can just get people to cover for me so I can see C-man's Yankees games, it'll all come up roses.

No comments: