February 18, 2013

Another day in a Florida conference room

I am still in Orlando for work. I am questioning why it is people think because we are in another city at our annual meeting we should be hugging when we meet? It isn't like I walk down the halls at work hugging co-workers. Maybe it's the excessive booze that has been flowing...

Anyhow, our guest speaker today was Doris Kearns Goodwin. She compared and contrasted FDR and Lincoln with their leadership styles for 90 minutes. She was amazing and smart and funny, and I absolutely loved her. (Maybe I would have hugged her had I had the chance.) I always enjoy her on Colbert or the Daily Show, and it was definitely a privilege to hear her speak in person.

I am missing my boys a lot, though. I think it is the idea that I have two more full days here that makes it worse. If there weren't so many mingling expectations, I think I'd enjoy it more. But alas... Two more full days to go...

1 comment:

l'empress said...

Doris Kearns Goodwin -- one of my all-time favorites. I love her histories, but I really loved her story of growing up in Brooklyn.