March 25, 2013

One more sleep

Okay, I'm getting beyond excited. Everything but toiletries, chargers, and carry-on stuff is packed.

The weather for Paris and Turkey have been checked. And rechecked. Paris isn't going to be the warmest, but it doesn't look like too much rain in the forecast. My big must-dos there are the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Versailles, and a giant baguette. If it does rain, we can maybe do the catacombs. But I doubt we'll even enter the Louvre. Call me uncultured, but I'd rather spend my time finding the best croissant than waiting in line to see a small painting I don't think is even that attractive in the first place.

Turkey should be high 60s and sunny. Perfect. And since we are on a tour, we already know what we'll see. We have one day in Epheseus with an optional trip to a local waterpark. (We're on a family tour) I have no interest in the waterpark, but I think we are going to do our best to get to MARY'S HOUSE.

Harry is set to head over to the neighbors in the morning. He really tore it up at the park this weekend and was feeling the effects of it last night. I'm hoping he's resting up today, because the neighbors plan on taking him to the park twice a day from here on out. He probably won't ever want to come home.

The school plant sale I'm chairing has its turn-in deadline today. 2 orders were submitted up until today. And now I'm getting orders coming in. Last minute. It figures. Since I'm leaving tomorrow, I can't take late orders, and these parents are famous for late stuff. Annoying.

C-man had a field trip to Holy Hill today. They were going to pray the rosary on the bus there. He was thrilled. I can't imagine being thrilled about praying the rosary. I sent him with $20 to spend at the gift shop. I can't wait to see what he got.

Only one more sleep. Oh my gosh, I can't believe it's almost time to go. I am so anxious about C-man loving this and excited about going all at the same time, I can hardly eat. One more sleep!

1 comment:

Mary Z said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip and that all goes well.