March 19, 2013

T -7 and Counting

  • C-man has rediscovered his camera he got from St. Nick. He has been taking all sorts of photos of people and things. This one is of his new favorite book. It's no surprise, considering Stephan Pastis writes Pearls Before Swine, which is a household favorite each Sunday.
  • We just donated money to the school library for the librarian to purchase this book for the school. His school has a birthday book donation club. You send in $20, and she buys the book of your choice for the library and puts the kid's name inside it as a thank you. Pretty ingenious way to add to the library, I think.
  • I love that he loves reading now. We had to ask him to go to sleep at 9:30 last night because he was too engrossed in his book. Good stuff.
  • I also really love that he loves his camera. It should make for some interesting photos on our trip.
  • Speaking of our trip, it's a mere 7 days from now. Oh my goodness, I cannot wait! When I'm down to planning what items to put in the suitcase first aid kit, tracking the shipment of my rented 10-24 mm Nikon lens, and googling where the geocaches are near the various hotels we're staying at, I'm READY! And since Beerman went and bought clothes, and he's notoriously a last minute guy, I'd say it's time.
  • What is annoying is that I'm the chair for the school plant sale, and once again, nobody is submitting orders. I'm hoping it's like last year and they all flood in on the due date, which is Monday. But a bit nerve-wracking that nobody is submitting anything, nonetheless. Such bad timing with spring break and all, but there wasn't much I could do with that.
  • I can't get enough of the pope memes. THIS ONE may be my favorite so far.
  • C-man and Beerman went suit shopping this weekend for the First Communion suit. Oh my, that is going to be adorable.
  • Since this week is C-man's birthday, he has been volunteering to get the mail. It's so cute seeing him jump in the air when he gets a card or gift.
  • Ah, so much to do in such little time. If only work didn't get in the way.

No comments: