July 11, 2013

Thursday Thirteen Bits of Randomness

  1. What do you do when you own seasons are done? You go to local high school games, that's what!
  2. I have been in so much pain lately, I haven't been able to sleep more than a few hours. It's completely depressing, and I just don't know what to do anymore. Working has become a struggle, because I can't sit. I may have to break and go on Orencia after all, which saddens me a lot.
  3. Although, the NET doctor who told me to avoid eggs and onions (garlic, shellfish, and asparagus too, but I don't count those since I didn't eat them anyway) is really on to something. I've noticed a really big digestion difference. And since many studies now are showing the direct link between gut health and autoimmune health, I think there's a strong possibility this may change some things. I just don't know how long I can endure this to get there.
  4. It's a beautiful summer day, so I wore white. I spilled coffee all over myself on the way into work. Figures. Thankfully, I have some Shout wipes in my desk. I'm prepared for my lack of grace.
  5. We are all booked to spend the last weekend in August in Phillips, WI. C-man is thrilled he gets to see his chickens again. Last year, he made me take a picture of a chicken butt, get it blown up, and put it on his wall in his bedroom. He has a funny sense of humor.
  6. It has been such amazingly nice weather, I've got to figure out a day for C-man and I to play hookey and take the train to Chicago for the day. He's asked a couple times when we're going to do it, and I'd hate to disappoint. It's kind of a nice tradition.
  7. After this month, C-man will go to the camp run by my work. The amount of forms they are requiring is totally oppressive. I actually have to have a doctor's signature for him to enter. What?!? Red tape annoys me.
  8. Harry is getting groomed tomorrow. He is at the supreme state of cuteness, where you cannot see his eyes. Which means it's time to get it cut, because that also means he can't see a thing.
  9. Beerman has been fighting a band of raccoons who have taken over our attic as their home. They ripped our soffit in half and climbed on in. He's furious. So now the raccoons are living with lights on at all hours and talk radio. After all, no tree hugger could stand to listen to Rush Limbaugh, right?
  10. I got a gift to the Pfister's Well Spa for my birthday. I finally have time for an appointment this weekend. A massage, and a Turkish steam bath with mud. I am so excited.
  11. I am back on my ball at work. Although it's a bit flat and I can't find the pump for it. This may be a problem if I don't find someone with an air pump today.
  12. Next weekend, I'm going out to eat and a movie with some friends. It's been ages, and I'm super excited.
  13. C-man wants to see Despicable Me 2 this weekend. I'm pretty sure I can indulge that.

No comments: