July 21, 2013

Ups and Downs

What a long strange weekend it has been. I had a fun night out with friends on Friday. We saw The Heat, which I thought was totally dreadful, and not at all funny. They liked it, though. C-man has been enjoying a birthday party sleepover, which Beerman and I took advantage of with a well-deserved date night last night. (FYI- Harbor House is beautiful, but way overpriced and not that good) It was a nice night out, though, except for the worry over poor Harry. This dog is in such pain, it is scary. The vet thinks it is his back, but he won't eat or drink, so we are forcing ground up narcotics in chicken broth down his throat, which he gags on. They must taste terrible. Poor pup. He really is pitiful. At least the meds had kicked in enough that when we got home last night, he wanted my overcooked steak. At least it was good for something! And today, it is clean-up mode and some pool time. I hate to see the weekend end.

1 comment:

Mary Z said...

Interesting that you didn't like The Heat. Folks here who have seen it thought it was hysterical. Different strokes, I guess.

I've wanted to ask - why do you use cows on your heading? Love them, but just curious.