September 9, 2013

Still life


My Mother-in-Law and Father-in-Law got married in the church this weekend. They were blessed with a lovely weekend of weather, and loads of family showed to watch and participate in the ceremony.

I was the photographer. This was an explicit case of you get what you pay for. I don't do groups well at all. Plus, everyone was hot and nobody wanted to hang out for pictures, so I was trying to be quick and just not taking the care I should have to get the right shots. And then people started mugging for the shots in an attempt to be funny, but now I have really crappy shots that should have been lovely memories with no way to redo them. It is totally disheartening, and I feel awful about it. I want a redo.

Actually, I think I should just stick to still life. I do better at those.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bill and I disabuse your comments about your photo shots. The pictures were lovely, natural, spontaneous at times, heartfelt, and will be great memories. In other words, you captured us! Not staged mug shots.
We love what we saw so far and they will make a lovely album of our special day. We are blessed.
Your mother and father-in-law.