September 6, 2006

Woo-Hoo Wednesday!

Notified my husband... check. Notified Kohls HR department... check. Notified my boss... check. (but did I have to cry while doing it?) Notified my clients... check. Notified my co-workers... check. Yes, I've officially quit my job, pending a successful drug test later today. (They better not get all Floyd Landis on me!) I'm here until September 22nd, at which point I'll officially become the Assistant Manager Learning and Development at Kohls Corporation. I've been tearing my hair out about what to do since I got the offer last Tuesday, but finally decided that it's time to move on to bigger, hopefully better, and more exciting things. I won't have such a nice view out of my window (I am overlooking Lake Michigan on the 6th floor), won't have a nice drive to work (I do love Lake Drive), won't be the office pet, and won't get morning breakfasts with my boss at City Market (this could fall into the good category as well). I'll miss a few (surprisingly few) people along the way too. But moving comes with some major advantages -- it's a large corporation, great career exposure, next to no travel, and a well-needed (and deserved in my opinion) change that all comes neatly packaged in a salary raise, profit sharing, stock options, sweet little signing bonus, and on-site childcare (I'm still undecided whether that's something we'll be using). So the decision has been made. And thank God for it, because we now owe $399 for foot orthotics I need but insurance wouldn't cover and $520 for front and rear brakes on the car! It just doesn't end...

No comments: