April 8, 2007

Great Day

Harry-bones ate Benny. I'm not sure which one of them ate Lofty the other day. So C-man and I set out to replace them at the giraffe store. (My child can locate about 45 countries on a map, but when you ask him where giraffes live, he says "at the toy store!") Well, despite the giraffe store voicemail saying they were open, they weren't. But Baskin Robbins was. And since Easter Day was synonomous with ice cream as a child, I figured I'd continue the tradition. It was so darned sweet sitting across from my baby, who was happily swinging his legs, eating his rainbow sherbet. It's moments like this that make you almost forget all the months of post-op agony and sleepless nights. Almost. And I've just found this website: www.africam.com. You can go to the live view of the watering hole and check out some animals. It's pretty amazing. We saw some elephants today. I'm back on the diet again tomorrow. There were just too many chocolate bunnies hopping around this weekend to be concerned with eating right.

No comments: