April 7, 2007

Holy Saturday

As a kid, today was second only to my birthday. I loved Easter Vigil mass with the candles. Afterward we'd go home and eat ice cream. Now, with a 2 year old, things aren't quite the same. So instead, we went in search of the Easter Bunny and an egg hunt. But being frigid cold out, we decided to go to the mall to see the Easter Bunny. That was a bust, and there was no Easter Bunny. So we went to the theater, ate pizza and watched Meet the Robinsons. It was C-man's first real movie theater experience. He did really well and made it about 3/4 of the way, then got tired and wanted to go home. I can't say I was sad... the movie pretty much blew. So all in all, not really a spiritual day for Holy Saturday, but a nice family one anyhow. What does suck is that my sciatic nerve has been bothering me. It's shooting down my left butt cheek and into my left calf. I can hardly sit, and C-man wants me to hold him all the time. It's killing me. Tomorrow's Easter. The Easter Bunny is bringing C-man lots of outdoor stuff (sidewalk chalk, sand toys), which sucks because it's colder than snot out there. Oh well. The Easter Bunny can't get them all right. At least he's got chocolate.

No comments: