December 22, 2008

By the hair of my chinny-chin-chin

I have a tiny little scar on the bottom of my chin. You can't even see it unless I lift my chin and point it out. Despite being almost miniscule in size, I have one single, solitary, lonely, horrifying goat hair that grows from it. I've tried everything: plucking, shaving, Nair-ing, swearing... and the little bastard just grows right back. It's only one tiny hair that would grow longer than Crystal Gayle's if I let it, but it's totally maddening. Because after I eliminate it, I wait and wait for it to come back. And the second I feel it prickling through, I go crazy all day long waiting to get home so I can pluck the little bugger out of there. So it occurred to me that maybe I'm looking at it all wrong. Maybe I should let it grow. I could get in the Guiness Book of World Records for longest single facial hair. I could grow it even longer, and turn it into a comb-over, thereby having straight hair for the first time in my life. Maybe I could sell it to Locks of Love... I think you only need 10 inches. But I'm pretty sure then that would gross everyone out around me. So in the meantime, I'm plucking away like I'm a post-menopausal woman, hoping no one notices it before I can get home and eliminate it until next month. ***************** And for those who continue to bash the Big 3 automakers while touting Toyota as king, maybe it's time to rethink your misguided opinion. If one of the major news reporters is finally showing them as weak, you know it's bad.

No comments: